Saturday 1 April 2017

[Story] No direction in life

I barely even know where to start from. I'm nearly 18, and my life is in ruins right now. I've suffered from social anxiety & low self-esteem for 6 years now. I've never been really popular or had much friends. I dropped out of my old social circles approximately year ago, when I realized that I've had wrong people around me all this time and that none of them were really my friends. We didn't really share any true common interests and none of them really cared for me. For a year now, I've done nothing but watched some stupid series, played some stupid games & occasionally hit the gym. Everyone else my age is doing better than me in their lives. Everyone's dating, pursuing their dreams, travelling, meeting new people etc. Even my 9 years old sister is doing better than me. Worst thing is that sometimes she starts asking questions such as: ''Why don't you ever bring your friends around?'', ''Why don't you Snapchat?'' or ''Why are you always on the computer?''. Thanks, sis. Thanks for reminding me for my failure. I always try to come up with some bullshit excuse, but I don't know how long it takes her to realize that her big-brother, a person that's supposed to be a role model to her for fuck's sake, is a boring, socially-isolated loser. I feel like I've reached the point of no return. I can't get into any social circles anymore. I'm too out of touch. I don't know what's going on in my city, I don't know any epic stories, I don't know who's dating who, or what's popular now etc. I don't even know how to initiate friendships. Nobody needs me around. I don't know what to do or where to go. Please, help.



Submitted April 01, 2017 at 06:33PM by common3000 http://ift.tt/2nHR2sI

No comments:

Post a Comment