Friday 28 April 2017

[story] How A Broke, Depressed Dad Became Disciplined & Turned His Life Around Using Guided Self-Help & Positive Affirmations.

This is a repost of what was shared on /r/getdisciplined ...I just figured it would be relevant to the GetMotivated sub as well!

http://ift.tt/2oFEAxj

7 Years ago, I was on the verge of suicide. I had raised 250K from my friends and family to start a restaurant which failed miserably, pissing off everyone close to me.

 

I was knee debt in credit card debt, was fired from my job, and I also found out that my gf of the time was cheating on me with 4 other guys.

 

It was a really shitty time for me.

 

During one of the lowest moments of my life, one of my friends recommended a book called "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big" by Scott Adams (the founder of Dilbert). He spoke about how he used positive affirmations every day and changed his life.

 

I began practicing daily positive affirmations, even though I thought they were silly initially. However, things really started changing for the better.

 

Six months later, I met a beautiful girl (who I ended up marrying). We moved to Texas where I found a entry-level Business Analyst role. After a few years of hard work, I was promoted to a Director role where I started managing a team of app developers around the world.

 

Then two years ago I ended up starting my own app consulting business that allowed me to pay off all my prior debts, and spend more time with my two kids. The one thing I've done consistently from then until now has been daily positive affirmations. It allowed me to become disciplined in every area of my life, and it's truly changed me for the better. It sounds silly and crazy, but this simple little habit is extremely effective & powerful!

 

Currently, I've teamed up with my cousin (whose getting her PhD in mental health science), and we're working on an app that uses a science-based approach to self-help and daily affirmation sessions.

 

Losing weight, making money, getting disciplined, staying focused, beating addictions, etc.. all revolve around having the right mindset. We hope to provide the tools to help you train the most powerful muscle of all.. YOUR MIND!!

 

We have not released the app yet, however if you are interested in becoming an early beta tester, please visit http://thehavenapp.co

 

Cheers to a better you!!



Submitted April 28, 2017 at 10:53PM by humbledad http://ift.tt/2qf9ixs

No comments:

Post a Comment