Sunday 30 April 2017

What were some defining moments in your life? [Discussion]

These are events, good or bad, that shaped and made you who you are. What are some things that you can look back 5-10 years from now, and say "THIS TIME was the reason for the way I am now."

2 years ago, I was depressed and directionless. I feared about the future and was paralyzed from doing anything about my situation due to this fear.

Because of these few things, my life totally changed for the better. I know that this type of change is possible for everyone, and I would gladly and respectfully debate anyone who disagrees.

  1. Losing 30lbs and keeping it off through acquiring knowledge and application. Now I have zero lack of confidence in body image. And it shows me the power of having a goal, a plan to reach it, consistency, and ability to adjust to unplanned factors,
  2. Becoming a high school teacher. Shows me how that I really care about helping people. Also, it forced me to learn a HUGE amount about psychology to understand why people do the actions that they do.
  3. Discovering mindfulness practice (meditation). Now I have 10x more control of my emotions and can make better decisions. I have zero anxiety, and stressful situations actually push me to work better.


Submitted April 30, 2017 at 03:14PM by cerebralbody http://ift.tt/2pLhRQr

No comments:

Post a Comment