Saturday, 22 April 2017

[Discussion] How do you feel about changing your entire life's plan?

This terrifies me. For as long as I can remember, I've thought changing my goals meant giving up. Lower my expectations or standards meant chickening out.

But I look around me, and most people seem to be happier with smaller goals. For example, if you want that A+ and you end up with an A- you will be miserable... but if you aim for a C+, even a C- won't be so bad. And a B- is actually perfect! So it makes sense to change up my entire life plan, right?

I don't even really have one, because most of the items on that list are so out of reach that they are more dreams rather than goals. I wish I wasn't a dreamer, and didn't have all these big dreams or goals or aspirations.

Because, the realization that something you've always wanted might never come true hits me hard. The number one goal on my list is to study abroad and eventually be able to travel the world. In order to do that, I need a lot of other things. (a better passport for example. lol) For years, I had the tiniest bit of hope and held on to it. Recently, it's becoming more and more apparent to me that it won't work. I'm doomed to live the life I never wanted, and I'd be much happier just accepting that.

Still a huge part of me wants there to be hope. It's just so tired of failing and being miserable that ignoring the hope is the best option.



Submitted April 22, 2017 at 10:47PM by Yeamf93 http://ift.tt/2poiBLo

No comments:

Post a Comment