Sunday, 23 April 2017

[Discussion] How can I motivate my boyfriend more?

My boyfriend is 21 and just failed out of college. He's always had depression, but I think failing made it a lot worse. He lives back in his home town with me, and I've been doing my best to keep him motivated. He doesn't seem too upset over school anymore. But he's ALWAYS late. He sleeps in every day, even when he has work. Over the past four months we've been dating, he has never been early to work. I think he's been on time once. He is always at least 20 minutes late, with some days, his lateness ranging at least an hour. He's also been late to and missed repeated therapist appointments lately. I wanna get out and do things with him, go out and enjoy the sun. On days he doesn't work, he sometimes doesn't wake up until 5 pm, meaning I have to go out and enjoy things by myself. I feel like I spend most of our relationship waiting for him to get out of bed. Alarm clocks don't even help. He only works at a fast food joint now, but I know when he tries to get a real job, he's going to get fired because of his lateness. I just don't understand how someone can sleep for 15 hours a day that often. How do I motivate him? He won't even listen to me anymore, even when I told him it was affecting our relationship.



Submitted April 24, 2017 at 12:01AM by sammy5198 http://ift.tt/2pTn6ur

No comments:

Post a Comment