Saturday 31 December 2016

[Tool] Don't quit, Limit and Reward. Give up "Giving Up" in 2017.

After a fairly successful 2016, where I achieved a few of my goals I have realised there are a few things I always try to change and fail. This year I am taking a different approach. It is obvious now that I cannot completely quit some habits that are not so good for me. SO this year I am giving up "Giving Up". Here is the plan. My 2 major vices are Fast Food and Alchol. I don;t need to go into detail as to why these are holding me back. We all know why. I have tried giving up both of these for years with varying degrees of success. This year I am setting myself a quota for each for the next 12 months. I haven't nailed it down yet but so far I thinking:

24 Fast Food Tokens = about twice a month. 24 Alcohol Tokens = about twice a month.

Tokens can be spent whenever I like. If I want to go on a 3 day drinking bender like a Stag Party in Feb I can, but I'll only have 21 Alcohol Tokens Left for the rest of 2017.

An Alcohol Token lasts until I sleep. A Fast Food Token in one Meal.

To add to this I am also going to use these tokens as motivation for good habits:

Every 100 miles running earns me another Fast Food Token Every 4 week chain of 3 x a week Weigh Training earns me an Alcohol Token.

One Week Summer Holiday is FREE. Not tokens required for 7 days.

The hope is, I reduce my bad habits and learn to appreciate them as treats rather than the norm, I also motivate myself to do my good habits and get a reward from consistency.

A whole year without the things I enjoy fills me with dread and kills my motivation. A structured plan of Reward and Achievement makes me motivated to hell.

I'd appreciate any thoughts / suggestions about this idea. TY.

TL:DR: I'm limiting my vices to a set amount for the year, with the option to increase the quota by completing good habits.



Submitted December 31, 2016 at 04:22PM by scribblesvurt http://ift.tt/2is5apD

No comments:

Post a Comment