Sunday 1 January 2017

[Discussion] I'm getting engaged and finishing my last year of college in 2017. How can I use this to motivate my weight loss/lifestyle change?

Much like the title says I'm looking to lose weight before these two major events happen. I'm pushing way too close to 300 lbs for my liking (I don't know my weight as of right now it's maybe 275-ish) and I really need to change. I also need this change because I'm now having severe back problems that are causing daily tasks to be burdensome for me. I'm only 21 and I shouldn't be feeling three times my age already. I can feel how much my body has changed and it's scaring me now. I want to change, more than anything I want to be healthy. I'd like to see my wedding, get my type-2 diabetes under control and get this damn degree.

My biggest problem is I lack motivation.

I lost 15 pounds last year and kept it off for all of maybe a month and then I gave up. I barely went to the gym and just stopped going altogether. I stopped eating healthy and ordered takeout more than I care to admit. I let the hardships of being in college rip me apart and now I'm worse than I was before I lose that weight. I know results don't happen overnight and all that. But once I get discouraged or frustrated my motivation is out the window. I know my depression and anxiety don't help but I can't blame them for all of this.

I want to stop this cycle.



Submitted January 02, 2017 at 02:30AM by littlemoonie http://ift.tt/2hZXGH8

No comments:

Post a Comment