Thursday 1 June 2017

[Story] I'm 19 and have over the course of the past 3 days I've learned how to ride a bike from the ground up. It's never too late to do something. The key is doing it.

The title is the tale. I'm a student, aged 19, and I've never owned or ridden a bike in all my life, until the last three days.

On Tuesday, I picked up my bike from delivery in the office, assembled it in my dorm room, and spent an hour getting to the point of being able to pedal at all in the parking lot.

Yesterday, the basics came easier, and I could ride from the lot back to my dorm.

Today in the lot, I did laps at my max comfortable speed, and I can now turn with a radius only slightly larger than most sidewalks on my campus.

3 days, some scraped up palms, some bruised shins, and one harsh fall were all that separated me from being able to ride a bike. Who knows what it might take to do anything you need to do?

The only way to find out is to do it. If you want to do something, make it happen. If I could do it, I promise you can, too.



Submitted June 02, 2017 at 05:12AM by ArmyGuy543 http://ift.tt/2qGqcSC

No comments:

Post a Comment