Thursday 1 June 2017

[Discussion] I was a terrible person before and I am trying to change, but shame and uncertainty hold me back. I would like some advice please.

I have been so selfish and so narrow minded for so long that the only friends that I keep are the ones I just make. Every phase of life I have been in, i have only befriended the bare minimum number of people to help me achieve my goal for that period, like creating a team for a project. After that, I wouldn't see any value in keeping in contact with them if they couldn't help me with my next goal. So I am constantly making new friends and letting the older ones slip out of my life. I have only recently realised that I was a terrible person and very few would consider me a true friend, especially from the past.

I want to change that but the thought of reaching out to older acquaintances is almost not an option since i literally never considered them friends in my mind and some I never spoke a word to after we stopped being in the same class or group.

I also dont know what is wrong with me, there are moments where i remember to be friendly and stuff but I cant seem to just be a person who is able to have friends who want to be around them.

Im just feeling abit lost and overwhelmed now. Please help



Submitted June 01, 2017 at 06:52PM by CanConfirmMOblivious http://ift.tt/2srFNWu

No comments:

Post a Comment