Monday 29 May 2017

[Discussion] What About you? My thoughts on reaching your potential! From rock bottom to the top of the mountain.

FYI: This is just something that I've thought about recently and rather than let it die away i thought i would share it with you all.

Here's a little back story, so you know where i'm coming from.

My name is Tyler. I'm 21, i have a stutter, i'm overweight, i dropped out of high school due to bullying, i suffered (and sometimes still do) with anxiety issues and i have no friends. I discovered my love of music during the darkest period of my life and i decided in September of 2016 that i was going to go back to school and get my diploma so i could study composition at a local conservatory. All of a sudden my life started changing. I felt like i had a sense of direction, a reason to wake up and get moving.

However, my old bad habits started popping up and i fell behind. I was several months late on my school work, i wasn't practicing my instrument as much as i needed to and i felt like garbage. I was full of doubt. I would look at successful people and be in amazement of their immense talent and skills and i felt like i was incapable of such greatness.

I see myself as a very introverted person so it's not very difficult to look inside but i was so caught up in what everyone else was doing that i never really took the time to do so. And then i started thinking to myself "Okay, these people are so great, so talented, so gifted etc. but what about YOU?, what about YOU? what are YOU? Are you mediocre?, is that all your capable of? what kind of life is that to live? do you want to be known as a generally mediocre person? In my heart i can't live with it. Especially when there are so many resources, so many ways to improve ourselves."

I don't know what the future holds but as long as i believe that i can improve in all the aspects of my life, i will be ready for any negative or positive situation.

To everyone out there, i believe in you. Now you must believe in yourself :)



Submitted May 30, 2017 at 02:31AM by maneceel96 http://ift.tt/2rgGx3g

No comments:

Post a Comment