Wednesday 31 May 2017

[story] Received some profound words of wisdom from a security guard the other day, had to share.

So to set it up, recently I had been pretty down on myself lately. I was working a low-paying, but heavy responsibility job. I got dumped by my girlfriend whom I still can't stop thinking about. My car was even giving up on me. Something I've always let bother me, but never told anyone was that I never finished High School. I hang out with a lot of people that are pretty successful for their ages and I'm the only one that hadn't developed himself in the ways one should by 30. I was a terrible student. I focused on the wrong things. I struggled to learn math, and I let everything else fall to the way side. Since my girlfriend broke up with me, and I was finding myself overwhelmed with despair, I decided to get my shit together. I signed up for the GED test. Studied my ass off for weeks. (I highly recommend Khan Academy for those interested). I got a new car. Found a new job in the same field but better pay and status. And I lost about 30 pounds just by taking better care of myself. I'm also in the process of signing up for college courses. I was explaining all this to a security guard I chat with when I'm leaving work the other day and I was still being down on myself, feeling like I should have done all these things a long time ago. And he looked me dead in the eye and said, "No, the younger version of you would have still squandered your potential. You're filling the holes in your life with a better version of you."

It's never too late to start getting your life together. Thanks for letting me share this story.



Submitted May 31, 2017 at 10:06PM by Jon_Fuckin_Snow http://ift.tt/2roV8d9

No comments:

Post a Comment