Monday, 27 March 2017

[Discussion] Problems getting motivated in my life. No idea what to do

Hello all. I am feeling very trapped to the point of suicide at times due to my lack of motivation. I used to be a very motivated person with a stable job, long term girlfriend and active with hobbies. Now I have felt broken for almost the past 2-3 years without being able to function like I once did. I can only do very small tasks in a day. I feel exhausted and burnt out all the time. I got bullied at work and then laid off. I haven't worked or had the motivation to work since. My job was fairly easy and I really was not learning any new skills for quite some time so I felt worthless. I am also struggling to let go of this experience. The thought of working in a corporation or for a manager makes me almost physically ill. I don't have a college degree or any real skills on paper. I am not even sure if I want a degree because it won't guarantee me anything, I also feel like I don't have the energy or motivation to get it. I tried to study online but I just feel tired and lose focus. I thought about doing my own thing (eg. launching a business) but I have no skills to do it. I also broke up with my girlfriend around the time I got laid off due to depression. I have had a few romantic relationships but I lose them fast and now I am just used to constant initial rejection from women. If I get any further it doesn't last more than a few weeks and I always feel like a second option and never appreciated. Despite this I haven't lost my confidence with women, I can still have a conversation but constant rejection is frustrating. I tried Tinder and online dating but that really failed me so I deleted it to avoid further depression. I still do manage to get out to a few social events. I meet people and have made quite a few acquaintances which seems to be the only positive in my life at the moment. One of the other positives is I have some money, but once this runs out I am in trouble. I try to plan and motivate myself but I struggle to get out of bed every morning. It feels like days and time just goes by so fast and I don't achieve anything. My only physical activity is doing push ups when I wake up and going for a walk. I don’t seem capable of anything more. How can I motivate myself? I would appreciate any assistance as I am seriously lost in my life and becoming a bit anxious. I am in my thirties now and feel like my life is going backwards instead of the direction I envisaged.



Submitted March 27, 2017 at 03:54PM by stdenis2016 http://ift.tt/2oolpDK

No comments:

Post a Comment