Monday, 27 March 2017

[Discussion] I stopped liking everything I did at 22

From my 14th till my 21th I really enjoyed the following things:

  • surfing the net for funny things/views on topics

  • gaming

  • listening to and finding new music

  • going out, sometimes getting drunk and using drugs

  • chasing girls

  • talking about filosophy with people

Now a days this all changed in the coarse of a year. I'm 22 and 1/2 now and somehow I don't feel like doing all the above anymore. Now I:

  • don't enjoy surfing the net as much, because I feel like I have seen it all

  • still like gaming but don't get as much fun out of it as I used to

  • still like to listen to music, but I'm not so much obsessed by it as I used to (which I'm sad about). Back then, I had my earphones in all the time. Now I just leave them out because I feel like doing that..

  • I don't enjoy taking drugs or drinking anymore because I don't like the hangovers. Also going out has become a bit boring.

  • I'm can be still as horny as a teen and still enjoy girl companionship, but most of the time it feels like the effort I have to put in to get the know a girl is not worth for what I will receive. I don't scoop around dating sites like I used to and I'm not that inclined to ask a girls number anymore.

  • I still love filosophy, but now I feel talking about it is useless because it always ends up on the same result: how can we know for sure

Instead of the above things I notice I am more urged to do the following things:

  • excercising to feel good

  • spending time with family

  • being in the moment. Enjoying things like the sun, nature, etc.

These changes happened gradually but the fastest when I decided to give up drinking, drugs, and tried to limit other overstimulation (like porn, video games, sugar etc. ). It's like my brain feels much clearer but at the same time changed what I enjoy.

I think these changes are a good thing, because they lead me to a more healthy life, but at the same time I miss them a lot. Despite of missing them, if I choose to do them to get the same kick I used to experience, I just don't get that kick anymore...

Why does this happen? Is this part of growing up? Is it a kind of depression (which is strange because I don't feel like I'm depressed, I'm actually feeling nice but I miss my hobbys) or some psychological fase?

Importantly: is there a way to get my interest back? (Especially for girls and music)



Submitted March 27, 2017 at 04:10PM by justpickanameman http://ift.tt/2o9biDy

No comments:

Post a Comment