I have no goals in life. At least, not any goals that I have any control over or that I can work toward. I know I'm going to need a job eventually, but I'm not going to be able to handle doing the same thing day after day, especially if there's no meat to it (and my therapist has said as much). So I've been thinking about doing creative work. The problem is that I don't feel passionate enough about writing or photography or any of it to do it on a consistent basis, and while I tend to produce good work, the act of producing it doesn't bring me any joy. I know that I have to start working as soon as possible and that I have to work really, really hard if I want to make it in that field, but how can I when I can't imagine myself being happy even if I succeed? If the process doesn't make me happy, and I can't imagine any end result that will make me happy, how can I bring myself to do the work?
Submitted March 25, 2017 at 11:52PM by Blithium http://ift.tt/2n34wNJ
No comments:
Post a Comment