Sunday, 26 March 2017

[Discussion] Getting motivated when it all feels meaningless thanks to depression

Hello, r/getmotivated!
edit: I didn't mean for this to be a rant, but once I started typing my thoughts started circling. Sorry for that
I am a 28-year-old M. I have had depression most of my life however in the last 5 years I have had 2 fights with cancer. To clarify I am on prescribed medications, and see a therapist so leave the advice to do so out of the comments. I am working with my therapist to get back out there and live. Every time I get close to actually doing it all motivation and meaning gets sapped away.
I feel death is always close to me nowadays and that doesn't help.
I also feel like I have nothing to stand on because I've done nothing with my life. I live with my aunt (after living with my dad for the rest of my life). I have gone to college several times, but life always interrupts with something huge. I have no job. I have never dated longer than a week. I have never gotten any farther than drunk making out for a few seconds with a girl. I'm a loser. I was abused emotionally all through my school years and it has really stuck with me.
Part of me wants to live desperately cause I don't feel like I have a lot of time, while another part just won't fucking move.

TL;DR: 28-year-old M with no accomplishments, that has been through some shit is having problems getting beyond the motivation-sapping effects of major depression.



Submitted March 26, 2017 at 08:29PM by moonlightsonata88 http://ift.tt/2nTIIZx

No comments:

Post a Comment