Monday 30 January 2017

[Story] I just told my friend of many years that I love him. He said it back. Lovers out there, don't be afraid to say so. The possibility exists.

I'll keep it brief because I am about to go to sleep, and many here are getting ready for bed.

My friend of many years, almost like a brother to me, has been the closest person in my life for a remarkable amount of time. We have been through so much together, learned so much together. I had a crush the minute I met him but it developed deeper - you know that feeling of love, and you don't know why or how to explain it? That's it, but only growing deeper in time. I have trusted him more than my own family, my secrets and anything there is to know about me is inside him, he has helped me do so much that I would not do on my own. I always doubted he liked me back; he has had three girlfriends, plus a crush, since we met. The relationships never turned out, but, the first few years we knew each other,, he was on the hunt for girls in his classes and at parties occasionally. He always let me know about it, told me more than necessary; he was either making me jealous or truly was interested in others and I could never tell. We drive around a lot, see things, talk. Anytime we have ever went out to eat, he has brought a friend or two, casually.

He just broke up with his third girl. Their relationship did not work at all, he could not link with her and she could not find satisfaction in it, it was all out of trial/desperation for a lover. Tonight I got busy and missed his call asking to hang out, I felt horrible but he would not let me apologize. I went to see him.

I told him I loved him, I could not hold it in. He told me he loved me too, and we poured out; things I didn't even know about were said. He revealed just how much I meant - things he has never said to anyone else. He commonly tells me things he would never tell anyone, even his mother, but this time it was the deepest stuff I have ever heard from him or anyone ever. I learned just how much I mean to him, just how much of a human diary I am to him, just how much he needs me.

Ladies and gents, don't be scared. I never, ever thought I would hear him say those three words to me. I never even expected him to say I mean a lot to him. Find a stress-free time to talk, tell that person. Seriously. Don't wait around. Don't doubt yourself. There is such a big chance they love you and are waiting for you to love them. That person you really love who has been in your life is there for a reason, and they don't continue to be in your life just for no reason.



Submitted January 30, 2017 at 12:50PM by alternativespecs http://ift.tt/2kExIut

No comments:

Post a Comment