Sunday 25 February 2018

An Ode To Meditation [Text]

One breath in and one breath out

Is that all it is, what's the fuss all about?

Ah but you see, one breath leads to more

Keep it up my dear and you'll come to a door

Open it up and what do you see?

A thought stream of course, what else would it be?

Patience young grasshopper, in time you will learn

It's not yourself but your mind that churns

Just a little piece of distance, that elusive space

For the briefest of moments, your mind stops to race

The thoughts come back, stronger than ever

A foe of sorts but relax it gets better!

Welcome them back, to the front of the line

"It's you again, for the thousandth time!"

As long as you live, thoughts will come

It's no good saying, "no more, I'm done!"

The question is, how to react

To these imposters, that surge from the black

I wish I could help you, I honestly do

There are days when our thoughts are stuck like glue

But there's an old Buddhist trick I want to tell you about

One breath in and one breath out.



Submitted February 26, 2018 at 06:07AM by ShufflingToGlory http://ift.tt/2F0v67p

No comments:

Post a Comment