Saturday 28 October 2017

[Story] UPDATE!!! Just Made My 8th Sale Online Averaging $190 profit per sale this week. So glad I stuck with it and am still here.

Hello, again beautiful people of Reddit! Last week I posted my story from hitting rock bottom to now running a successful startup and more people than I thought responded to that post in a very positive manner. I want to help others and share some of my momentum that I have generated over the past few months with all of you.

If you already read last weeks post feel free to skip the background section.

(Background) If you missed last weeks post, my business is http://ift.tt/2yb0hu4 and I produce premium men's business casual clothing. I started my descent to rock bottom after my now ex-fiance stole a little more than half of all my money, some possessions and stole, then totaled my favorite car that I let her use since she didn't work or have enough money to buy herself a car.

When I was at rock bottom I was going to kill myself due to the fact that I was not where I wanted to be in life nor did it seem possible for me to be a successful entrepreneur as I had tried so many times in the past and failed so many times. I decided I was going to burn all of my money and sell all my assets until I was completely broke and if I still was not where I wanted to be, successful entrepreneur than I would end my life.

That is what I did, I used all my money, sold my car then used all that money, then sold my motorcycle, then used all that money. I sold almost everything other than the pistol I was going to use if nothing worked out.

Right as my money was running out, I think I had like $300 to my name, I found a marketing strategy that worked and sales started to come in. I now am averaging about $190-$250 profit per day and that is growing on a daily basis as I perfect my marketing and improve my site.

(Update)

(Things I Have Learned) Over the past week, I started writing down everything that I was learning and I learned some pretty crazy stuff about marketing and myself. First of all, my conversion rate improved by 20% by simply removing the $ button in front of the price of items. I also learned that a simpler website with less text has a lower bounce rate as people are not so "flooded" with info.

I learned that after cutting out coffee and replacing it with exercise I had much more energy throughout the day and was far more productive. I also realized that I am pretty out of shape so the exercise is helping there as well lol. I learned that similar companies have grown using social media but I have found the fastest way to grow on platforms like Instagram is to do the follow unfollow method. This is a little underhanded but 100-200 followers a day is pretty nice if I do say so myself.

(What I am doing) Currently, I am looking to move manufacturing from Korea to the USA. I have found an awesome tailor shop down in California that is willing to make my shirts at a reasonable cost per shirt and at the production rate that I would need.

As far as marketing goes I am currently trying to learn as much as I possibly can about press release marketing and how I can get my company in some news media. That seems to have been the driving force for big brands like American Giant and Bonobos.

If you know anything about forming press releases or how to get in contact with media agencies it would be awesome if you could share any info you have about that with me!

Those are the big things I am doing so far.

(My Dreams Looking Forward) I hope to raise enough money to start a not for profit that will be low-cost housing/office space for owners of startups. The housing and office would cost somewhere around $400 a month and I would want to sponsor speakers and teachers to come in and talk about marketing and different business strategies to help grow the business. It would be like a semi-permanent educational retreat for a bunch of like-minded people to feed off of each other drive and enthusiasm for success and for everyone to meet weekly to share their successes and learning experiences.

(Moving Forward) I would love for this to turn into a weekly event here on Reddit where we get together and talk about what we are doing moving forward and what we are moving towards. I do not want this to be all about me but I would rather like to be the organizer of this and form it to be much like an online version of what my not for profit idea is.

If you have things you are working towards, entrepreneurship or not, please share them down in the comments. I would love to hear about what you are doing, what you have learned and what you are working towards and just hear your story in general even if it is still being written like mine is.

Look forward to hearing from you!



Submitted October 29, 2017 at 12:35AM by pewpewrightthere http://ift.tt/2iderjh

No comments:

Post a Comment