Sunday 28 May 2017

[Discussion] Motivation to finish a work deadline by Thursday

I have a work deadline due next Thursday. It's already been pushed back once so I really need to get it done. I just kind of really don't want to. It's this paper I've been working on for 2 years and I hate it. It feels like a really stupid piece of crap that I have to publish in order to give my phD meaning, when there is no meaning in this work.
I guess overall, I just want to get it done so that I can move onto other work that may give my phD meaning, but this one has been a really hard hurdle to cross. I estimate that it wouldn't take too long to do if I really buckled down, but I'm having trouble buckling down, especially since it's Sunday and no one is looking over my shoulder (like they would be tomorrow when I go into work).
So I've also figured out that if I need to submit by Thurs, then I should get it to my supervisor by Tues at the latest so that he can return in on Wed and I can edit it on Thurs, but that gives me two whole days right?! I don't need to do anything today...
btw, when I look at any one post on this /r/GetMotivated , everyone seems to work harder and be more motivated than I am. How is this possible? also, can I take the crown of the least motivated redditor on /r/GetMotivated ?



Submitted May 28, 2017 at 04:08PM by yenraelmao http://ift.tt/2s9Z0Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment