Sunday 24 June 2018

[Text] I have lost all drive and everything seems meaningless.

I am right now in an utter impass in my life. I hardly work and merely procrastinate as much as possible, though no one seems to care. I am learning nothing at my job nor do I know how to. I feel like I was led to believe all my life that I just had to follow instructions to be sucessful and yet that's not how the world works.

I am convinced that everything is meaningless because everything from climate change, to radical politics to the economy will end human civilization into an anarchic state by the end of this century. I hardly talk to anyone because I hate small talk and the only thing I can talk about is movies, TV, and books. My parents keep berating me because "most people talk about nothing, why can't you?"

My best friends have all lost touch with me and I live in a country where I don't speak the language and learning attempts have been slow. It also keeps reverting because I have no one to practice with.

Everything seems meaningless, I spend weeks into months literally not doing ANYTHING. I mostly browse the Internet at work, go home, do that a bit more then fall asleep. I mostly walk 40 minutes every day for exercise. I am in therapy but it doesn't seem to be helping. Prozac just makes me even more apathetic and my therapist's advice is mostly just "go do this and write down what you feel. My family doesn't care and they think therapy is useless and I just need to "talk to girls". They also have radically different politics from me and keep treating me like a child.

I am 30, never had any sort of relationship and I am an utter void of a person. Help.



Submitted June 24, 2018 at 04:58PM by EndOfTheLine00 https://ift.tt/2Kk3Xve

No comments:

Post a Comment