Saturday 24 February 2018

How to catch up with studies? [Discussion]

So I've posted about this before but did not get many responses so I am asking again.

I am majoring in accounting and am currently a senior. I had my first accounting class two semesters ago and did not do well in it (I scored an A, but a lot of that was just submitting homework assignments due to help from Chegg).

I was using Chegg more as "monkey see monkey do" rather than actually learning, and now, I have extremely limited conceptual understanding of accounting. Stupid, I know. But, I was going through a lot with depression, family issues, and mental health.

I'm currently still going through some of those things, but thankfully, things are better. However, I am now in Managerial accounting and we are now on two chapters passed exam 1. The sad thing is, although I fell behind in my first accounting class, I began doing the same for this class. I was searching answers, etc. Just a few days ago, I snapped out of it, asking myself what the heck I was doing, and now I have woken up but need to know how to fix this issue I got myself into. I need to learn the material that I didn't grasp understanding of previously and keep up with the material that I currently have.

However, I don't know the best way to go about doing this because a lot of concepts I'm currently dealing with do require some understanding of previous chapters/content. Facts: I do own Schaum's Outlines which does cover principles of accounting concepts from my first accounting class.

That's about all. I am looking for advice as to what to do because at the end of the day, I want to be a competent accountant, not just somebody with a degree and no knowledge. Please help!



Submitted February 25, 2018 at 04:59AM by life180degrees http://ift.tt/2EP3UJx

No comments:

Post a Comment